Keeping Austin Weird

an experience of self discovery in Austin TX

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

It really is no secret that I am horrible about putting pictures up online. I am not sure why I am so bad about uploading the pictures. I think it has something to do with the fact that it is a very slow and tedious process, and I would rather be spending my time doing something else. But for all you out there that are waiting on me to upload pictures I promise to do so soon, and I mean very soon.....but please don't hold your breath!

When I moved into my apartment I knew that I did not want to paint the walls, because it would be a huge pain to repaint them when I was ready to move. So instead I opted for covering my walls in pictures. Like this one -



I choose to buy these inexpensive frames from IKEA because I wanted to spend more money on being able to get nice prints to put in the frames. In order to keep some continuity I choose only black frames, but they do vary in size and shape. Ideally I would love my apartment wall to look like this:



or even this



I can remember the first time I saw anything like this was on an episode of Tori Spelling's show with her husband. They were shooting in their house and Tori had this wall of black photo frames, all shapes and sizes covering an accent wall in living room. Not long later I was filling in for my sister when she could not babysit for her regular family and they too had a wall covered in an assortment of picture frames.

So when I began to think of a way to decorate my apartment I decided I wanted to hang picture of all the places I had traveled. Now every time I look at the wall I am filled reminded of amazing experiences and filled with happy memories.

How would you cover the wall of your apartment?

1 comment:

  1. I totally thought the middle picture was from your apartment for a sec. It looks so similar!! And gorgeous! Wish I had your decorating skillzzzz. My bedroom is so plain!

    ReplyDelete