Keeping Austin Weird

an experience of self discovery in Austin TX

Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello

Things have been very busy recently and I am sorry for neglecting my blog. This past week South by South West (SXSW) invaded Austin. Traffic has been crazy and I am sorta glad that the music festival is over so that things in Austin can return to normal. The weather has drastically changed in the last week. Over night it seems the weather has jumped up to 70+. Which is wonderful, but I am really not used to it being this warm in March. It is crazy that I am able to wear shorts and t-shirts in March and to actually think about turning on the AC. I can hardly begin to think what it is going to be like in June/July/August.

Recently I have drawn more and more to cookbooks, which has motivated me to cook more. I think now that I am not going to be working in the evening I am feeling more motivated to cook. This week I am going to try and make some potato and leek soup which I found in one of my new cookbooks. I will keep you all posted on my progress!

Hope you all are having a good start to the week. I am super tired from the crazyness that was last week, but I promise to bring you photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment