Keeping Austin Weird

an experience of self discovery in Austin TX

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where is my apartment fairy?

Recently I have been unmotivated to decorate my apartment, and with my birthday approaching next month I am really beginning to realize that I need to take the bull by the horns and tackle my apartment. There really is nothing wrong with my apartment, I just wish it looked like this.

or like this:

I think I am channeling all my looks from this amazing book that I found and that I want so badly!

I would love to have a flea market inspired apartment. How fun would it be to go out to different flea markets on weekends and look for great finds! That sounds like so much fun. The only hiccup I see is that I don't know where great flea markets are in Austin, and if I found this great flea market how would I get my stuff home? Cram it all into the back seat of my Jetta? I am not so sure if that would work.

Maybe I should be channeling this look more, since I do live downtown.


I guess that I am a work in progress. I am sure soon I will figure out what I am suppose to be doing with my apartment, and just as my luck would have it I am sure that as soon as I get my apartment to my liking I will be moving.

I think the book I really need is this one.

No one can argue with the fact that CoCo Chanel was one of the most amazing and fabulous women to ever live. Did you know that CoCo was actually her nickname?

I think that the person I really need to be channeling is my lovely CoCo!

1 comment: